2 Minute Backup Challenge
We all know that a backup and disaster recovery strategy is critical to our business.
Take this 2 minute backup challenge to see if you are on-target with your backup strategy. Answer yes or no to the following questions:
- Does your backup run at least daily?
- Does your backup run automatically without intervention?
- Does someone monitor daily for success or failure?
- Do backups go offsite at least daily?
- Are databases and other programs with special requirements part of your daily backup?
- Does your technology person or company conduct regular test restores?
- Do you backup at least 10 business days worth of revision history?
- Do you believe your backup strategy meets your organizations needs?
If you answered “No” to one or more of these questions, ask yourself:
How long will it take to recover from a complete failure? How much revenue would your company lose in a down situation per hour, per day?
*Remember it is not “if” you need your backup, it is “when”!
Scott Hirschfeld is the President of CTaccess, an Elm Grove IT support company that has been helping small businesses stop focusing on IT and getting back to doing business since 1990. Under his leadership CTaccess provides the business minded approach of larger IT companies with the personalized touch of the smaller ones. Connect with Scott on LinkedIn.