Apple devices allow you to setup email accounts, so that you can check your messages on the go. If you use Microsoft Exchange mail, you can configure your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to actively sync with the Exchange server in just a few simple steps.
Follow these steps to setup your Exchange ActiveSync account on your iOS device:
- Tap “Settings” icon on the home screen
- Select “Mail”, “Contacts”, “Calendars”
- Add “Account” > “Microsoft Exchange”.
- Enter your Exchange account email address and Exchange account domain, username and password.
- Enter a description for the Exchange account in the “Description” field.
- Tap “Next” to connect to the Exchange server.
7. If your device can’t find your settings, you will need to manually enter the Exchange ActiveSynce server name. Example: mail.yourcompany.com. Then select “Next”.
8. Choose the Exchange information you would like to synchronize: “Mail”, “Contacts”, and “Calendars”. Remember if you choose to sync contacts and calendar, your current calendar and contacts saved on your device will be overwritten.
9. Select “Save” when finished.
To modify your exchange settings, Tap “Settings” > “Mail”, “Contacts”, “Calendars”, select your “Exchange account”, and tap “Account Info”.
Note: You can not sync contacts and calender from both Exchange and iTunes. You have to choose one or the other. Your iPhone will delete the old entries when you enable this.