We all know that a backup and disaster recovery strategy is critical to our business.
Take this 2 minute backup challenge to see if you are on-target with your backup strategy. Answer yes or no to the following questions:
- Does your backup run at least daily?
- Does your backup run automatically without intervention?
- Does someone monitor daily for success or failure?
- Do backups go offsite at least daily?
- Are databases and other programs with special requirements part of your daily backup?
- Does your technology person or company conduct regular test restores?
- Do you backup at least 10 business days worth of revision history?
- Do you believe your backup strategy meets your organizations needs?
If you answered “No” to one or more of these questions, ask yourself:
How long will it take to recover from a complete failure? How much revenue would your company lose in a down situation per hour, per day?
*Remember it is not “if” you need your backup, it is “when”!